I enjoy: Learning new music, cooking for friends, listening to my students sing, and hosting a book club
I want my students to:
Realize they have an important role to play in the Kingdom of God and in the communities of school, church, and Holmes County
Speak truth to themselves
I teach because: I love discussing things with my students. We discuss anything from the role of passion in public speaking, to women in ancient Japan, to career choices.
My students have taught me:
To have a passion and zeal for God
To love life
To care for friends
To take time to laugh
That preparation changes life
A quote I love: “Listening is a creative force.” – Karl A. Menninger
I started teaching at GHA in 2011.
Bachelors in History, Minor in History from the University of Akron
M.A. in English Literature
I enjoy: Traveling, reading, playing tennis, having deep discussions
I want my students to: Learn to enjoy learning and discover their interests, strengths and weaknesses,
and learn how to use them.
I teach because: I want to impact my students the same way my teachers impacted me. I want them to
know they are valued and loved by God.
My students have taught me: To have fun and laugh.
A verse I love: “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the
present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will
be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39
A quote I love: “When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.”
My education: Highschool graduate
Algebra I, Algebra II
Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) – Taught as a class
Accelerated Christian Education (ACE)
9th – Bob Jones University (BJU)
10th – Writing & Literature – Reed Novel Studies etc.
American & British Literature – 11th/12th
Bob Jones University (BJU) etc.
Purposeful Design by Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Bob Jones University (BJU)
Abeka Video Series
Behold Your God – Positive Action
Old/New Testament – Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Worldview & Apologetics – Understanding the Times
Life Shaping Decisions – Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
As Jrs. & Srs. Online College Courses through Cedarville University are available if students SAT/ACT grades meet the criteria
- Are empowered to seek and discover the person and will of God and experience a growing relationship with Him.
- Obtain a knowledge of and respect for the authority of God’s word, along with an understanding of how the Biblical themes of creation, fall, and redemption shapes ones understanding of History, Fine Arts, and Literature.
- Gain a knowledge and understanding of key historical events, while recognizing that God providentially directs human history.
- Realize that the study of mathematical and scientific concepts is a discovery of an orderly universe that was created by God. As image bearers, pursuing competence in the knowledge and application of these and all academic disciplines is wise stewardship and brings glory to our Creator.
- Display critical thinking skills that allow them to evaluate every aspect of life from a Biblical worldview, while understanding opposing worldviews.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with and contribute to a team and understand that healthy relationships built on trust create effective teams.
- Cultivate the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to develop their talents responsibly through life-long learning and/or higher education.
- Become aware of their unique, individual God-given resources (e.g., strengths, abilities, possessions, and spiritual gifts) and the tools, creativity, and Christ-centered identity necessary for responsible stewardship of these assets under the Lordship of Christ.
- Acquire an understanding of other cultures that fuels global awareness and vision for missions.
- Appreciate how human diversity (e.g., socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, denominational, and gender differences) provides a representation of the image of God in mankind and enriches human experience.
- Learn what it means to think and act as Jesus Christ did, and understand the unity of all truth under God.